new.lds.org in the language of your choice.
Below will be the guide to follow in your studies. On Christmas day, we will all celebrate the process of becoming more like Christ. Have fun! I promise you this study will bring great blessings into your life.
Focus: Jesus Christ invites us to follow Him. This invitation implies that as we follow His example we can become more like Him. Just as vital as what you do, however, is who you are.
Work on one Christlike attribute each week as an individual. Invite your friends and family to participate
The following list of activities may be of help in guiding your focus on becoming more like Christ:
- Read about the attribute in Preach My Gospel (if you don't have this book, Google search "Preach My Gospel" and chapter six can be downloaded or read on line for free in any language you choose).
- Study the scripture references in Preach My Gospel that go with the attribute
- Study other scriptures from the Topical Guide on the attribute (if you don't have the Topical Guide in your scriptures, type in Google "Topical Guide," or go to new.lds.org to find the scriptures and topical guide)
- Look for examples and stories of the attribute in the life of Christ
- Record your thoughts, feelings and impressions in a study journal
- Every morning, ask God to help you better develop that attribute in your life that day
- Discuss and plan to live the attribute as a family
- Every morning, individually and collectively commit to live the attribute
- Talk about the attribute with others in your daily contact
- Discuss the attribute throughout the day with family and friends
- Every evening, report to God on your progress in your prayers
- Write about your experiences and what you have learned in your personal journal
- Share your experiences via e-mails, blogs, Facebook and other means each week
Schedule and Attribute
November 1-7 Faith in Jesus Christ (catch up already!)
November 8-14 Hope
November 15-21 Charity and Love
November 22-28 Virtue
November 29-Dec. 5 Knowledge
December 6-12 Patience
December 13-19 Humility
December 20-26 Diligence
December 27-Jan. 2 Obedience